Roasted Butternut and Avocado Farro Salad
Recipe type: Side Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins Serves: 2-3 servings
- 1 cup peeled and chopped butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- ½ tablespoon of cumin
- 1 bag of trader joes Farro
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- ½ a red onion, diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tomato chopped, or a cup of grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the butternut squash in the grapeseed oil and cumin. Put the butternut in foil and wrap it up, and place on a baking tray. Roast in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until soft.
- In a medium saucepan, add the bag of farro and chicken broth and cook as per directed – about 15 minutes.
- Once the farro is finished, transfer to a mixing bowl and add the red onion, cilantro, tomato, avocado and as much of the lime juice to your liking. Season with salt and pepper, and serve. It tastes great heated up or cold.