Balsamic Reduction Butternut Mash
Recipe type: Side Prep time: 60 mins
Total time: 75 mins Serves: 4-6 servings
- 1 ¾ cups peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 1 ¾ cups peeled and chopped butternut squash
- 3 sprigs of rosemary (removed from twigs)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of goat’s cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place the butternut and sweet potato on a foil covered baking tray with your rosemary and cover in olive oil. Toss the pieces to make sure they are all covered. Cover with tin foil, shiny side down and place the tray in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until soft.
- Put the red onion in a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the thyme and balsamic vinegar. Bring to boil and then reduce down to a simmer. You are going to reduce the vinegar until the onions become gooey and sticky, about 15-20 minutes. When the onions are done remove the thyme twigs.
- Once the butternut and sweet potato have roasted remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add the onions, butternut, sweet potato and crumb in the goat cheese. Mix it all together to create a mash. Add salt and pepper to taste.